Applications For New gTLDs Closed As ICANN Set To Reveal Applicants On 13 June
Posted in: Domain Names at 31/05/2012 14:15
ICANN has announced applications for new generic Top Level Domains closed on 30 May 2012, at 23:59 GMT/UTC. And they have also announced a timetable that includes the "Big Reveal" to occur on 13 June, a week before the next ICANN meeting in Prague.
As of 29 May there were over 500 applications that remained incomplete in TAS - either a complete application has not been submitted, and/or the full fee has not been paid. If you have not completed your application, we urge you to do so in TAS as quickly as possible.
If those 500 applications are completed, it is expected there will be around 2300 applications for new gTLDs.
ICANN has also announced the following target dates for the new gTLD programme:
- 30 May 2012 Application window closes
- 8 June 2012 Batching process begins
- 13 June 2012 Announcement of applied-for domain names ("Reveal Day")
- Application comment period begins
- Formal objection period begins
- 24-29 June 2012 ICANN's 44th Public Meeting; Prague, Czech Republic
- 28 June 2012 Batching process ends
- 11 July 2012 Batching results announced
- 12 July 2012 Initial evaluations begin
- 12 August 2012 Application comment period ends
- 14-19 October 2012 ICANN's 45th Public Meeting; Toronto, Canada